What is Agile Marketing?
“Agile marketing improves transparency, predictability, speed, and the ability to adapt to change.”
As you already know, marketing is continuously changing and evolving its approach in time. Agile Marketing is the new approach or development for marketing. Agile Marketing generally is discovering a new and better way of creating value for our customers and for our organizations.
Agile Marketing is a contrast to our traditional marketing approaches will involve an increase of effectiveness of Marketing patterns. In short, it will challenge and evolve our traditional Marketing Funnel to a different dimension.
Agile Marketing provides a unique outlook on the process of marketing and sales. It will fundamentally shift the mindset, the way we look at marketing. Instead of focusing on who you can sell to, the focus is shifted to who needs you most while leveraging rapid iterations or with a repeating of this process for maximum output.
Through an experiential, hands-on learning approach, this course provides foundational education in Agile, including its values, principles, and practices as applied to Marketing.
Agile Marketing was created from years of study on the relationship between marketing and sales while incorporating Agile techniques that have yielded such incredible results in product development, software development, and across various other industries. Agile Marketing training provides a unique outlook on the process of marketing and sales. It’s a fundamental shift in mindset. Instead of focusing on who you can sell to, the focus is shifted to who needs you most while leveraging rapid iterations for maximum output.
The Certified Agile Marketing Specialist™ (CAMS) course is a two-day, entry-level course taught by a Certified Agile Marketing Trainer™ (CAMT). The CAMS course is designed to cover all the basics of Agile as applied to Marketing activities and to better align the Marketing department with Agile techniques used by development teams. Applying an iterative approach allows for rapidly discovering which marketing campaigns are most effective and which yields the highest results. Attendees are required to pass a brief exam and will leave the course certified! Re-take opportunities are available as well as additional coaching from a Certified Agile Marketing Trainer or Coach.
Agile Marketing is a combination of cutting-edge Agile development processes often used in software development as applied to internet marketing strategies to create an iterative approach to marketing and achieving sales results. We have helped companies increase their speed to market in development by more than 80% faster than competitors. When we began applying this iterative approach to marketing, we began seeing our clients soar by more than 300% growth in 6 months and more than 780% growth in a year. This course will cover the fundamental practices and specific, actionable steps that lead to massive speed when applied to marketing and massive increase in revenue when applied to business growth.
Agile Marketing is an approach to marketing that takes its inspiration from Agile Development and that values:
- Responding to change over following a plan
- Rapid iterations over Big-Bang campaigns
- Testing and data over opinions and conventions
- Many small experiments over a few large bets
- Individuals and interactions over one size fits all
- Collaboration over silos and hierarchy
In this Certified Agile Marketing Specialist™ (CAMS) course, you will learn:
- Agile Marketing foundations and core values
- How Agile is used in Product Development and IT and the transition to use in Marketing
- Visual collaborative approaches for identifying customer needs
- Adopting an iterative process applied to Marketing for fast results & sustainable growth
- Focusing on the customer relationships that carry the most value
- Organizing your marketing into channels of Filtering, Educating, and Selling
- Creating the systems and messaging to find and nurture your ideal customers
- Review of case studies applying these techniques to yield rapid growth
- Moving beyond theory into real world application
This interactive learning approach will include a variety of exercises, activities, and discussions as well as case studies while providing first-hand experience for attendees to learn how to apply Agile to yield rapid results in Marketing.
Upon Completing This Course:
- Qualification for Certified Agile Marketing Specialist™ (CAMS) Certification after passing a short certification exam
- One year membership in the Agile Marketing Academy
- 14 PDUs from PMI (Project Management Institute)
- PMI-ACP: This course counts as 14 of the 21 contact hours needed to be eligible for the PMI-ACP certification.
Who should attend
This course is appropriate for anyone in a marketing role, including managers, project team members, stakeholders, and anyone who wants to understand how to apply Agile to get results beyond just IT and in the Marketing arena. Through an experiential, hands-on learning approach, this course provides foundational education in Agile, including its values, principles, and practices as applied to Marketing. This interactive learning approach will include a variety of exercises, activities, and discussions as well as case studies while providing first-hand experience for attendees to learn how to apply Agile to yield rapid results in Marketing.
- Traditional Marketing vs. Agile Marketing
- Agile Marketing Mindset and Manifesto
- What are Funnels? User Stories and Brainstorming
- Problem Solving and Solutions
- Avatars and Persona Crafting
- Agile Marketing Canvas
- Hypothesis Visualization
- Hunt for the 80/20
- Sales Letter Writing
- Message to Market Match
- Lead Magnets
- Testing and Traffic
- Agile Marketing Tools
- First Increment Testing
- Q&A + Retrospective
- Recap of Day 1
- Review Increments
- Agile Marketing Games - User Story Jenga
- Tracking for Conversions
- Pixels: Tracking, Retargeting, Conversion
- Business Manager - Avatars and Audience Review
- Creating and Launching Your First Ads
- Agile Techniques and Tracking Your Progress
- Daily Stand-up and Task board Overview
- Determining a Sustainable Pace
- Fibonacci’s and Relative Sizing
- Launch, Iterations & Split Testing
- Project Simulation
- Building on Your Funnel
- Analytics and Review
- Agile Marketing Canvas Gallery Walk
- Exam (Taken in the class) | Certificate distribution
Meet Your Trainer "Maria Matarelli"
Maria Matarelli is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) who travels the world on one-way tickets consulting and training companies on reaching true agility. In addition to applications of Agile in IT, Maria and her team have been applying Agile to the Marketing realm with incredible results. After founding the Agile Marketing Academy, Maria and a team of experienced trainers are dedicated to bringing Agile outside the normal applications. Maria is one of the first Certified Agile Marketing Trainers (CAMT) and is the Founder and President of Formula Ink, an international consulting company. Maria travels to consult organizations and speak at industry conferences with locations including Chicago, New York, Hawaii, Sweden, Istanbul, Vancouver, Morocco, Shanghai and many other locations. Maria is passionate about working with people to inspire agility.