We are proud to offer SPC trainings in association with Radtac, SPCT gold partner for Scaled Agile Academy.
SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) Training is a four-day course which will prepare you in leading an enterprise Agile transformation by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). This training will guide you how to effectively apply the principles and practices of SAFe, including training with SAFe course, and coaching teams, launching Agile Release Trains, and building and managing an Agile portfolio.
This training will guide you in becoming a leading agent for change and enable your enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace with SAFe 4 Program Consultant (SPC) certification. During this four-day course, you’ll learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). You will learn how to effectively coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps culture, and empower a Lean Portfolio. The first two days of the course (Leading SAFe) will provide you with the basis to teach SAFe to others. The final two days focus exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in your enterprise.
The first two days of this training is an intensive version of Leading SAFe. The motto is to prepare certified SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs) to teach the course and act as a certifying agent for SAFe Agilists (SA). You will also gain the knowledge necessary to lead an enterprise agile transformation by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework and its underlying principles of lean thinking and product development flow. You will leave with an understanding of how the principles and practices of the framework support Agile Teams, Agile Programs, Agile Program Portfolio Management, and Agile Architecture.
In the second two days, you will gain the knowledge needed to identify, plan, and implement SAFe programs with Agile Release Trains. Further, you’ll have the briefings, artifacts, and templates you need to identify the value streams, prepare the organization, launch agile programs, plan and execute the major events, and implement effective processes and measures for continuous program improvement.
Topics Covered in Four Days Training
Leading SAFe® – Days 1 and 2
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Implementing an Agile Release Train
- Experiencing PI Planning
- Executing and Releasing Value
- Building an Agile Portfolio
- Building Really Big Systems
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
Implementing SAFe® – Days 3 and 4
- Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
- Designing the Implementation
- Launching an ART
- Facilitating ART Execution
- Extending to the Portfolio
- Coaching ART Execution
- Sustaining and Improving
- Becoming an SAFe 4 Program Consultant (SPC)
All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SPC4 certification exam and operate in the field as a SAFe Program Consultant:
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- 3+ years of experience in Agile
- One or more relevant Agile certifications.
After this course, you should be able to:
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Implement and manage a Lean-Agile portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Perform value stream analysis and identify value streams
- Launch and support Agile Release Trains and coordinate value streams
- Build and execute the implementation rollout strategy
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe and act as a SAFe Agilist (SA) certifying agent (SPCs only)
- Train teams in SAFe for Teams (S4T) and act as a SAFe Practitioner (SP) certifying agent (SPCs only)