SAFe 4.0 Advanced Scrum Master Course with SASM Certification. This two-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a SAFe® implementation. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of the program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts. The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
SAFe is a proven framework for applying Lean and Agile principles within medium to large organizations. Organizations have successfully used SAFe in applying more efficient, agile and thereby successful. So, if you are already using Scrum or Agile processes then you can by scaling up this way and working with SAFe, achieve more benefits. Advanced Scrum Master SAFe The two-day course Advanced ScrumMaster Starting with the principles of SAFe, the Lean Thinking tools and techniques, the Agile best practices in scaled environment and an overview of the Scaled Agile Framework. Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM).
The following individuals will benefit from this course: Existing Scrum Masters, Team leaders, project managers, and others who have assumed the role of an Agile team facilitator in a SAFe® or enterprise Agile context, Engineering and development managers who will be responsible for Agile execution and for coaching teams and teams of teams. Attendees typically include:
- Professional Services Consultants
- Business and technology executives and leaders, managers, directors
- Portfolio managers and fiduciaries, project/program management office(PMO) personnel
- Development, QA and IT management
- Program and project managers
- Product and product line managers
- Technical Lead
- Release Manager
- Test Manager
- Test Engineer
- Quality Engineer
- Quality Analyst
- Test Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Software Engineer
- Process Leads and Lifecycle personnnel
- Enterprise, system and solution architects
- Internal change agents, lean-agile center for excellence, agile working group
- Executive and leaders, managers, directors, CIOs and VIPs
- Development, QA and infrastructure management
- Program and project managers
- Product and product line management
- Portfolio managers, PMO and process leads
- Learning Goals
- Delivery Managers
- Technical project manager
- Team Lead
- Project Lead
- Account Manager
- Service Manager
- Product Manager
- Software Coder
- Software Tester
- Manager - software development
- Architect - software development
- Product Management
What are the learning objectives?
After this course, you should be able to:
- Apply SAFe® principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in the multi-team environment.
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at the team and program levels
- Address agile and scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps and agile architecture
- Apply KANBAN and flow to optimize the team's work
- Facilitate program planning, execution and delivery of end-to-end system values
- Support learning through participation in communities of practice and innovation cycle
Which topics will be covered?
- SAFe® framework, values, and Lean-Agile principles.
- Agile and scrum anti-patterns
- Program increment planning, execution and inspect and adapt workshops
- Quality engineering, agile architecture and DevOps practices
- KANBAN for facilitating team and program flow of work.
- Building high performing teams
- Interaction with the system team, deployment, UX, architects, product owners, product management and business owners
- Learning and communities of practice
Attendees of the SAFe SASM course are strongly suggested to have one of the following certificates:
- Certified ScrumMaster(CSM)
- Professional Scrum Master(PSM)
- Alternatively, SAFe Practitioners (SPs) who have attended the SAFe Scrum Master Orientation.