Who is a Scrum Master?
The Scrum Master is responsible for making sure that Scrum team lives by the values and practices of Scrum. Scrum Master helps Product Owner to create a balance as a process owner for the team. The Scrum Master does anything possible to help the team perform at their highest level. This involves removing any impediments to progress, facilitating meetings, and doing things like working with the product owner to make sure the product backlog is in good shape and ready for the next sprint.
What Scrum Masters Do?
- Safeguard the process, not project.
- Making sure the Scrum follows the values & practices of Scrum.
- Facilitating Scrum Process, Creativity & Empowerment.
- Improving the productivity of the Scrum team.
- Protecting & focusing in development team to commit high quality product.
- Removing barriers between development team and Product Owner for a smoother run of the Scrum process.
- Ensuring visibility of team’s progress in terms of quality, progression and efficiency of the project.
Why Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Training?
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) is the basic certification to become a member of Scrum Alliance and to play Scrum Master’s role in any organization. CSM Certification is very basic certification when we talk about Agile Trainings. CSMs act as "servant leaders," support the rest of the Scrum team work scheduled and get the Scrum agenda. CSMs also keep the team from both external and internal interruptions. The certification requires attending of the CSM training course and be eligible for other certifications also. To earn a CSM certificate, you have to attend two days CSM training and AgiVetta will guide progress through your online CSM test. AgiVetta has a dedicated training of CSM and guidance in certification.
Practical Scrum in a Fun Way
Scrum might look simple, but doing it properly is hard. In fact, most organizations fall short and find only a small percentage of the benefits that can be attained. That's why it's so essential to start your Scrum journey the correct way: by taking a high quality CSM training led by either of the top Scrum experts in the world. Presenting to you the Certified scrum master training that helps you know why and when the Scrum works and how to implement it effectively in your organization. In this two-day CSM training by “Arne Ahlander”; you will learn how to get a Scrum project up and running. And if you are already doing Scrum, this training will benefit you understand what your team is doing well and what you need to recover to take it to the next level. You see Scrum in act when the trainer "Arne Ahlander" uses Scrum to teach Scrum concepts through exercises, activities, simulations, and skill-drills. So, CSM training is about more than just the basics. You learn other important concepts like (simplification, coaching, mind-set of a change agent) skills, tools, and methods which good Scrum Masters should be aware of, to help their teams develop into high performing teams.
Benefits of a CSM Certification
CSM certification will guide you in:
- Increasing career opportunities by continuing the marketable and relevant process efficiency across all industry sectors approving agile practices.
- Demonstrating to peers and employers’ achievement as the core Scrum awareness.
- Studying the framework of scrum and the scope of the Certified Scrum Master’s role.
- Involving with one of the experienced and recognized Scrum professionals who are dedicated to constant progress.
- Earn 16 SEUs & 14 PDUs from the training.
- Two years’ membership of the Scrum Alliance.
- Getting all the links and support to the Scrum Alliance Certification Examination.
- Experiential Knowledge with Role plays, Games, Case studies, & Simulations.
Who should attend?
Team Members, Team Leads, Test Engineers, Scrum Masters (including prospect scrum master), Testers, Documentation Professionals, IT team, Solution Designers, and many more…
Two Days Agenda
The Agile History : Introduction to Scrum
- Waterfall vs. Agile
- Agile manifesto
- The principle of Scrum
- User stories: definition, description, epics, themes, the iceberg effect
- Product backlog, prioritization techniques
- Sprint, Sprint backlog
Planning & Estimation
- The Scrum Rules of estimation
- The Chart of effectiveness
- Planning poker exercise
- How to plan properly
- Capacity handling
Roles & Responsibilities
- Scrum team
- Scrum master
- Product owner
- Definition of done
- Review meeting
- Retrospective meeting
- Planning meeting
- Scrum stand-up meeting
- Scrum of Scrums meeting
- Sprint celebration meeting
- Burn down chart
- Sprint backlog
- Product backlog
- Product burn down chart
- Task board
- Visual board
A memoir of the Workshop